Summarising bank balances

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 4 12:42:24 EST 2012

You did it again, replying to me instead of the list.

On 4 March 2012 17:33, John Bibby <johnbibbyjohnbibby at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ah - that's great! (Is that in the manual - I scoured all the 100+ pages at
> http://www.gnucash.org/docs/v2.4/C/gnucash-guide.pdf
>
> ... or maybe there is a better manual ..?
>
> Any way thanks.
>
> Can you advise what is the best way to add tags to accounts e.g. John's,
> Shirley's, ISA, 3%, 3-year fixed etc.

If you edit the Account (Edit > Edit Account when the account is open,
or select it on the Accounts tab and click the edit account toolbar
button, or right click, Edit Account on the Accounts tab) there are
Description and Notes fields that you can put what you like in.

Before doing more I would check that you can produce the reports you
want.  Gnucash is not renowned for the flexibility of its reports.  If
one of the standard reports does what you want then that is fine, but
generating a non-standard report can be tricky.

Colin

> Thanks again

No problem.

Colin