Finding a stray transaction

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 11:44:42 EST 2012

>> Thanks guys.  Finally found the problem.
>
> Okay, for the curious among us ---  what was the problem?

Well, I taught my wife to manage gnucash for me.  My credit card was
reconciled but uncategorized.  My checking account was unreconciled.
She needed to delete duplicate credit card payments from the checking
account because they each appear from the checking account side and
the credit card side.  For a couple of those payments, she deleted the
reconciled credit card payment but didn't categorize the checking
account payment as a transfer to the credit card.

Is there a better way to track something like that down than working
backward and going over every reconciled transaction?

- Grant