File storage question...should be easy fix

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Tue Mar 6 06:47:30 EST 2012

Op dinsdag 6 maart 2012 03:15:20 schreef Purper:
> I have put "HOME={APPDATA}/GnuCash" in the environment-file, but it doesn't
> prevent the creation of .* folders in my home directory. Moreover, gnuCash
> won't start up properly.
> I'm not familiar with the syntax in files like this, so ther might be
> something I'm missing. Am I supposed to replace the {APPDATA} with the
> location of my appdata? Should I use brackets around it? I've tried a few
> things but it won't work so I hope someone can help me fix this!

Did you also put the quotes ? If so, you shouldn't have. You should put
exactly this at the end of the environment file:
HOME={APPDATA}/GnuCash

Note that the folders that were already created won't be removed. To avoid
losing your preferences, you can move the folders from your home directory
into %APPDATA%\GnuCash, whatever your APPDATA is referring to.

Geert