File storage question...should be easy fix

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Wed Mar 7 11:10:54 EST 2012

Op woensdag 7 maart 2012 04:07:25 schreef Purper:
> The most recent tracefile says
>
> * 11:41:55  WARN <qof.engine> [guid_init()] only got 1565 bytes.
> The identifiers might not be very random.
> * 11:42:19  WARN <gnc.app-utils> Could not spawn perl: Uitvoeren van
> dochterproces is mislukt (No such file or directory)
>
> What does this tell me?

It tells you what Derek already explained. Unfortunately, there is no clue in
there to explain why the HOME directory setting is ignored on your system.

What version of Windows are you using ?
What version of GnuCash, and where did you download it from ?
Where did you install GnuCash ?

I'm not sure where to start to cure this oddity.

Geert