trouble with reconciling

Fred Bone Fred.Bone at dial.pipex.com
Fri Mar 9 08:48:40 EST 2012

On 8 March 2012 at 13:42, Paula Hendricks said:

> i spoke too soon. it brings up the interest payment dialog box, but
> there is no interest in this account, so i click on no auto interest and
> it just brings me back to original window and no way to reconcile
> transactions.

But to get the "interest payment dialog box", surely you've first had to
click on "enter interest charge" in the initial "reconcile" window. Why,
if there's no interest?

Here's my sequence:
1. Open Liabilities:Credit Card:XXX
2. Click on "Reconcile" (or Actions->Reconcile)
3. Window opens captioned "Reconcile Information"
4. (as there's no interest to enter) click "OK"
5. Main "Reconcile" window opens, showing not-previously-reconciled txns.
Where exactly does yours go wrong?

If at stage 4 I click on "Enter Interest Charge" and then (in the
resulting "Payment Information" window) click either "No auto interest"
or "Cancel", I am returned to the "Reconcile Information" window. What
happens on your system?