How to add interest up to today's date?

John Bibby johnbibbyjohnbibby at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 04:56:57 EDT 2012

It seems a rather simple piece of functionality: I just want the option to
add a notional value  B * R * T where B was the previous balance, R is the
rate of interest, and T is the time elapsed.

I agree that some people may not use this & might regard it as
"theoretical" (like John Layman) rather than "actual" -but it is the amount
that would be added if I went to close the account today - so it is actual
enough for me!

At present however, I do not even know how I should store the rate of
interest in Gnucash.

Any advice/comments please?

JOHN BIBBY