Gnucash 2.4.10-1 Windows +MySQL GUI now hangs at various places... almost becoming UNUSABLE!

Neil Marks neil.marks at ntlworld.com
Mon Mar 12 17:35:36 EDT 2012

Hi, nothing else has any problem, gnucash responds well in other
aspects... and indeed if I don't do a type ahead in the account section,
just select from the list.. works fine... When it hangs,  the
gnucash.exe consumes around 25% cpu (I'm running a quad cpu with 4GB
memory, 60% free) and acres of disk space free. It seems bizarre that
certain actions/functions just take an age to complete.  Should there be
two gconf2-d.exe processes running at the same time?
This is just crazy... I wonder can I install a back level version of
gnucash say 2.4.8...
Regards,
Neil