Gnucash 2.4.10-1 Windows +MySQL GUI now hangs at various places... almost becoming UNUSABLE!

David Carlson carlson.dl at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 15 09:30:42 EDT 2012

On 3/14/2012 4:23 PM, Geert Janssens wrote:
> Op woensdag 14 maart 2012 18:54:22 schreef Neil Marks:
>> Ok, well my connection is "mysql://admin@127.0.0.1/gnucash"... no
>> localhost...
>>
> Ok, that means it's unlikely my theory is valid. It would be interesting to
> know if the delays also happen if you work with an xml data file, or only with
> the mysql backend.
>

> Regards,
>
> Geert

Right after I last commented on this issue I noticed that I too have
pregnant pauses at certain times.  In my case I cannot re-order columns
on the scheduled transactions page, for example, when WD Smartware is
'backing up' my hard drive.  If I pause the back-up, Gnucash works fine.
 Unfortunately, that program never seems to catch up.  It's almost
always running.

To refresh your memory, this is GnuCash 2.4.10-1 on 64 bit Windows 7
Pro.  WD Smartware is a Western Digital product which is allegedly
supposed to back up my hard drive to an external hard drive marketed
under the name My Book Essential.  I am about ready to trash that whole
package, as it did not work right when my previous hard drive failed.

David C