Template Security Type

David Carlson carlson.dl at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 24 08:21:52 EDT 2012

On 3/23/2012 11:41 AM, Marco Cazzola-Gonsenheim wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I recently created a security and mistakenly assigned it to the
> "Template" security type and can no longer edit or remove said security
> through the security Editor. I am on 2.4.10. How can I delete it out?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> -Marco Cazzola

This is a good question.  On December 23, 2008, Charles Day stated in
the GnuCash User mail list that it was a known bug for this security
type to appear in the list.

However, I was not able to find such a bug in GnuCash bugzilla, so
perhaps this is a figment of our collective imagination.

But it also appears in the June 24 2009 GnuCash IRC logs, where the
standard answer is given to edit the datafile manually to remove the
offending data.

I recall that this question has been asked other times, by myself as
well, but I do not recall any other more satisfactory answer ever being
given.

Can someone find the original bug report and escalate it so that it does
not languish for another four years?  I am sure that the fix is trivial.

Thank you

David Carlson