GnuCash tags

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Mar 24 20:27:23 EDT 2012

On Mar 24, 2012, at 5:07 PM, GORDON PEACOCK wrote:

> if it was the web there would be in the format E.G. <html></html> I belive It's similar for system GnuCash
>
> On 24 March 2012 22:22, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.fremont.ca.us> wrote:
>
> On Mar 24, 2012, at 12:36 PM, theporter2000 wrote:
>
> > Is there an index of *gnucash* tags indexed by tag that explains what each
> > tag does for a newbie like me. I realize there different according to what
> > there used for?
>
> Tags? What do you mean?

Please remember to CC the list (use "Reply All") on your replies.

Ah. Yes, Gnucash does store its data in a format that looks sort of like an HTML file. That type of data format is generically called XML, and the element names label Gnucash's data structures.

There's no dictionary of the names for humans to use because we don't expect humans to read or write the data file without Gnucash being in between. It's certainly nothing that users need worry about.

Regards,
John Ralls