Spam:****, Re: Profit and Loss Statement for Closed Books

Colin Scott gnucash at double-bars.net
Mon Mar 26 16:31:00 EDT 2012

> About 20% of the effort (in the
> "real world") is USER time coming up with specifications, the user
> test plan, and users committed to do that.

This user would be delighted to put some effort into that kind of work, were there some prospect that the results would be welcomed and acted upon.

> MOST complaints I have seen are not useful. If all the complaining
> user is willing to do is report "it doesn't work" (which may or may
> not be true) but not commit to working with a developer to get to
> the bottom of whether there really is a problem and then the work
> of fixing it (the user to determine IF has been fixed) then this is
> not useful and probably why being ignored.

Another excellent point, but this is, of course, a two-way street, and as well as commitment from the users there would need to be commitment from the developers to such a process.  I see little indication that the developers are interested in working with users in the way you describe.

> Gnucash does accounting for
> me just fine, thank you.

Indeed it does, and in this regard it is entirely admirable and I have absolutely no complaint.  However, getting information out of the system in a useful form is somewhat problematical.

Colin