Testing reports

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Mar 26 22:42:46 EDT 2012

On Mar 26, 2012, at 5:36 PM, James Nylen wrote:

> Well... any formatting information you could ever want to look at is already embedded in the HTML.  So if you start with known-good HTML with correct formatting, then you can just check that tag structure and those CSS rules against any HTML generated in the future.  To me, that seems like a far easier route than trying to rig up something to check pixel widths.

Please remember to CC the list: Use "Reply All" or, if your mail client supports it, "Reply List".

Well, sort of. Yes, certainly easier, but no thanks to CSS and changes in WebKit, it isn't a guarantee.

Mind, I'm not convinced at all that testing beyond ensuring well-formed HTML is even justified, and just getting to that point would be a huge improvement over what we have now.

Regards,
John Ralls