Windows/Linux interchange issues

Alex Aycinena alex.aycinena at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 16:26:03 EDT 2012

Tuc,

You should be able to move the files between the two environments.

This is a known bug that I believe has been fixed, so you may have a
not-quite-latest version. I think the issue is that the line
terminations between Windows and Linux are not the same. The problem
was introduced with r 21909 and the fix to handle that difference went
in with r22027 in the 2.4.10 series (r 21908 and r22038, respectively,
on trunk) so if the number shown on the splash screen (or in
Help->About) is between those two releases, the Linux Gnucash won't
read the Windows Gnucash file, as it should. You don't mention where
you got your 2.4.10 version on Linux (from your Linux distribution or
build yourself). Is it between those two releases?

If so, if you can upgrade to a release after the fix, that would be
the best solution. Alternatively, I believe, based on my tests, that
the Linux version can read the compressed version of the Windows file.
Can you try to save the file on your Windows Gnucash in compressed
form (Edit->Preferences->General and tick 'Compress files') and then
transfer that file to the Linux machine and see if it opens OK?

If your version is after the fix release, then this is a different problem.

I don't know what you mean by 'No ^M in the file". I have no comment
on the QIF import issue.

Look forward to your response.

Regards,

Alex