Finance::Quote

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed May 9 13:38:51 EDT 2012

Les <lelliott5 at gmail.com> writes:

>>> I have tried gnc-fq-dump and it works for many stocks, but none of my
>>> Canadian stocks.  It also does not work with at least on stock listed on
>>> the Singapore exchange.
>>> Les
>> That implies that either the F::Q grabber for those sources is broken,
>> or you have the wrong symbol.
>>
>> -derek
>>
> I do not have the wrong symbols because I am already invested in these
> stocks and I have verified the symbols with the various exchanges.  So,
> I am guessing that the grabber for them is broken.

Bad assumption.  Are you sure that you are using the correct symbol *for
the quote source*.  Just because you know the symbol is FOO does not
mean that the quote source will accept FOO.  It might require FOO.GB, or
FOO0123, or some other variation.

> Assuming that is the problem, is there a solution?

Assuming you have the correct symbol *for the quote source*, then the
problem is likely a problem with the F::Q grabber.  In which case you
would need to work with a F::Q developer to get it fixed.  :(