Top level account without any type (or file links)

Dr. Muhammad Masroor Ali mmasroorali at cse.buet.ac.bd
Tue May 15 07:43:08 EDT 2012

Dear Michael,
Thanks for your answer.

Perhaps you are carrying it a bit too far.

While I plan to use this for the partnership scenario, actually I will have
to manage three separate entities, each having a number of partners. The
three entities have some kind of financial dependency among them and the
intersection of partners among the three entities is non-null.

So, I asked for the solution of top level account without any type not for a
partnership entity, but for rather three moderately dependent partnership
entities.

I have already gone through all the materials on partnership accounting I
could put my hands on. I do not claim that I have become an expert in a
couple of days, but I am pretty confident that I have now enough knowledge
to start with and I can find the solutions when a problem arises. And if you
notice my other post, I asked for your suggestion on a comprehensive article
or book. I still hope that I will get one.

At the same time, as I already mentioned, I am in no way an accountant or
plan to be one. I have got to do this solely for (large) family needs and
absolutely not my main job. So, I will want to optimize my investment in
time, efforts and overall gain.

But again, is not gnucash both for professionals and non-professionals?

Regards.