Top level account without any type (or file links)

Colin Scott gnucash at double-bars.net
Thu May 17 02:23:00 EDT 2012

> Isn't there only one set of user preferences?  What if the user
> changes a preference in one instance.  Is it lost if another
> instance is the last to be closed?
>
> How about custom reports?  I think some preferences may be linked
> to the filename, but I believe that many are not.

Good points all which I had entirely forgotten, even though I have myself raised them in the past.  It appears we have inadvertantly opened yet another perennial can of worms .  :-(  I have all sorts of suggestions for how this might be fixed, but none of them are a simple solution.

As I said, I don't see anything much changing anytime soon, but it is good that the issues are being thought about.  :-)

Colin