Using stock investment account

Néstor Stura nestor.stura at gmail.com
Fri May 18 11:22:45 EDT 2012

Dear all,
As months pass by I try to use new Gnucash possibilities (new for me)

One of my banks let you buy stocks as an investment where they pay an
interesting interest...

In order to control it, I created an Investment account and posted my
initial balance, following the tutorial, I established the initial date,
and posted the purchase of 1 (one) stock at 61 € (price).
The problem is that when I finish posting quantity and amount, GnuCash
moves 61 to Quantity field and 1 to Price, therefore I now have 61 stock
valued 1€ each (and that's wrong.
I've tried with the following purchase (19 stocks @ 61 € = 1159 €). Again,
Gnucash calculated 1159 and now I have 1159 stocks @ 1€. It added to te
previous one and I finish with 1220 stocks @ 1 €

I don´t know if this is an error or there is something wrong I'm doing
(most probable)

Thanks a lot,
Néstor

PS.: I'm attaching a screenshot although I don't know if it is allowed by
this mailing list.