GIFI Tax TXF Categories for Canada

bunk3m bunk3m at gmail.com
Fri May 18 17:34:15 EDT 2012

Hi.

I'm in the process of finishing tax returns for my company.  This is the
first year of using Gnucash.

I would like to investigate how difficult it would be to add/create a
similar set of tax codes to the US ones provided.  In Canada that would
be the GIFI codes.

---Quote Oct 31---
The current implementation is US-specific.  Nobody has defined a tax
mapping for other locales.  Take a look in src/report/locale-specific/
and you'll see us/taxtxf.scm -- nobody has defined a taxtxf.scm for
other locales.

-derek
---end quote---

I've been looking for these scm forms within the Gnucash package without
any luck.  I'm probably completely confused and stupid when it comes to
what I should do, but I'm trying to figure it out.

Can someone tell me where the US codes are found on the Mac
implementation so I can find the files and look at them?  If they don't
look to complicated, I'll try to transfer the GIFI codes into a similar
format.

I'd appreciate some guidance on what to read to learn how to do this and
then I'll give it a whirl.

I'm on Digest-Mode so please CC me on any reply.

Thanks in advance.
B.