GIFI Tax TXF Categories for Canada

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat May 19 20:05:07 EDT 2012

On May 19, 2012, at 11:51 AM, bunk3m wrote:

> Thank you, John.
>
> I had a look at the file.  What type of file is an scm?
>
> Is there a description somewhere that can help me to understand the
> structure and how the file is organized?

.scm is for Scheme. Gnucash uses a variant called Guile-1.8 [1]

Any documentation is in the file in the form of comments. Some comments are interpreted by Doxygen and produce the slightly more readable developer documentation [2]. There's a subdirectory (tax/us/de_DE) with the implementation for German taxes; that might be helpful as well.

Regards,
John Ralls

[1] http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/docs/docs-1.8/guile-ref/index.html
[2] svn.gnucash.org/docs/head/index.html