account e transaction

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Wed May 23 22:00:32 EDT 2012

I think you're asking whether Gnucash can give you an account balance that includes scheduled transactions.

The answer to that question is "No." Gnucash can only give account balances on actual transactions that exist in the file; the Scheduled Transaction doesn't exist, so Gnucash can't calculate it in.

One alternative is to create transactions ahead of time, although this is fraught with a number of pitfalls: what if the transaction changes substantially in date or time--or even amount? What if it doesn't actually go through? And, how representative will your balances be if you don't pre-enter all the REST of your transactions?

HTH,
David