Edit prices for multiple gnucash files

Stuart McGraw smcg4191 at frii.com
Thu Nov 1 10:45:27 EDT 2012

On 10/31/2012 01:28 AM, spotty albino wrote:
> Stuart McGraw wrote
>> I've mailed you the scripts mentioned on the gnucash
>> separately.  I figured I post what I know about them here
>[...]
>
> I've loaded the Python bindings into my GNU Cash and tried running the
> imp_history.py script.
>
> I get an error message as follows;
>
> "WARN <gnc.backend.dbi> [gnc_module_init_backend_dbi()] No DBD drivers
> found"
>
> I imagine this relates to the database backend that you mentioned in an
> earlier post. Would you be able to help me resolve this? Is it relatively
> simple to install?
>
> Thanks for the help so far, I feel I'm close to getting GNUCash working for
> me.

I'm not sure what that message means.  FWIW, I have the
following packages installed in my linux (Fedora-15)
system where I use Gnucash mostly:
  libdbi-0.8.3
  libdbi-dbd-mysql-0.8.3
  libdbi-dbd-pgsql-0.8.3
  libdbi-devel-0.8.3
  libdbi-drivers-0.8.3
Not sure how these are packaged/installed on other systems.

However, before pursuing that are you sure the above
message is the problem?  It seems to be a warning, not
and error.  Also, the imp_history.py script works on a
gnucash xml file, not gnucash data in a database so
in principle does not need to do any database access.