PDF weirdness

Andrew Greig pushin.linux at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 17:35:30 EDT 2012

> Sometimes Adobe Reader fails to print on my network (which has a
> mixture of Ubuntu and Macintosh systems) and many times it helps to
> click the "Advanced" button on the Print dialog and turn on the option
> that says "Print as Image."

Hi All,

I sent the PDF to my wife who printed it at work satisfactorily, so now
I have to wonder why an HP machine would screw around with a PDF. I will
uninstall my cups install for this printer and download the Linux
specific stuff from HP, and try that.

But that discussion is no longer appropriate for this list.

I appreciate, as always, the readiness of this list to assist those in
trouble.  This demonstrates the power of Open Source, and is more
compelling than licensing issues.  Thank you all very much.

Andrew Greig
Melbourne, Australia