Finance::Quote Install Problem on Mac OSX Mountain Lion

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Nov 5 00:52:01 EST 2012

On Nov 4, 2012, at 2:25 PM, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:

> On Nov 4, 2012, at 1:18 PM, Deane Yamane <deane at aloha.net> wrote:
>
>> I have the exact same problem.
>> John, where, when and how do I input the lines starting with: cd ~/.cpan/build/SBECK-DklzIi/Date-Manip-6.36 ? I tried Terminal NO JOY.
>
> The OP reported a simpler solution worked for him today:
>
> sudo rm -rf .cpan/build/SBECK*
>
> and rerun the FinanceQuote Update app.

Which didn't work for me when I tried it.

What *did* work was to run "install CPAN" (from inside sudo cpan) after deleting the SBECK* directory, then running "install Date::Manip". It will want to update a lot of stuff as part of installing Date::Manip, so a bit of patience is needed.

Note that every time authors/SBECK-foo gets created, the foo part has a different value, so the only instance of SBECK-Dklzli was on my system that one time. That may have been the reason why my surgical approach failed for both Matt and Deane.

Regards,
John Ralls