when and when not to use define-module

Alex Kempshall alexkempshall at btinternet.com
Mon Nov 5 11:52:00 EST 2012

Geert

Sorry, my reports were written ages ago and since then I've never changed the
contents of config.user.

Though I did read http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Custom_Reports I missed the
subtle difference in

> edit config.user to add a line of the form:
>     (load "/path/to/my/personal/report.scm") ;; Linux and OS X

and missed completely

> Caution: For older versions of GnuCash (before 2.1.x ?) load-from-path was
> suggested to load reports instead of load, but this is not compatible with
> the module definition that is now found in all reports. Using
> load-from-path on a report with module defninition will cause a crash

A clear case of wanting to read what I wanted to read.

Where I got the information from was within the file

taxinvoice.scm

on this site

http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Custom_Reports_Using_Eguile

Thanks