GnuCash add into network

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Wed Nov 14 18:24:17 EST 2012

On Nov 15, 2012, at 3:41 AM, KILOLIMA <johncuevascpa at yahoo.com> wrote:

> we have NFS, network file sharing, and i can see the gnucash file from this
> computer, but when i try to go to File OPen,  i get message that says  "no
> suitable backend was found to NETWORKNAME\COMPUTERNAME\LNK.
> CAN anyone help me ?

That suggests that whatever file sharing system you're using is returning the wrong filename somehow, but there isn't really enough information here to understand what's going on. Please provide the following details:

The operating systems and versions running on both computers.

The path you gave suggests that at least one of the computers is running Microsoft Windows. If you are really using NFS (which stands for Network File System, not "Sharing", and is a Unix-based remote-mount protocol) please tell us the product you are using to provide NFS client capability on that Windows system -- NFS is not AFAIK supported by Windows without an add-on product. Microsoft does sell one, but there are others as well.

We'll need to know the path that you're sharing on the remote computer.

Please also explain, step-by-step, exactly what you are doing to attempt to open the remote file. Something like:

1. Start Gnucash
2. Select File>Open from the menu
3. Navigate to the shared folder in the file selector dialog box (please provide the *exact* path as it's represented in the
4. Select (please provide the *exact* filename)
5. Click the "Open" button

Regards,
John Ralls