Multiple instances of Gnucash in moutain lion

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Nov 15 18:43:11 EST 2012

On Nov 16, 2012, at 7:46 AM, Joe R <jxr2000 at lycos.com> wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> That works but there is a catch. It ties up your terminal even if you put the & at the end. What I will do is create a script that will do the following:
>
> CD into lib of where the file I want to use is
> start Gnucash file-i-want
> Exit
>
> This terminal session will stay active will I work with Gnucash, and once I quit from it, it should close due to the Exit cmd.
>
> I will assign an icon to each script so I know which is which copy it to the dock and I should be good to go.
>
> If this works, which it should I can live with it.

Please always CC the list on replies: Use "reply all" (the double-arrow thingy).

No, it doesn't tie up the terminal session when you background it, it just looks that way because Gnucash writes some stuff to stdout that make the prompt hard to see. Try typing another command or launching another instance of Gnucash after the first.

Regards,
John Ralls