Understanding log files

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 16 15:58:57 EST 2012

I am not an expert, but I seem to recall that Gnucash stores numbers as integers and uses division to represent the decimal portion. So, the amount you included is for a transaction of 335.75 (units determined by your settings). If you had set the account to use more decimal places (e.g. with stocks or mutual funds), the denominator would be larger.

If I am wrong, I am sure someone will correct me.

David