Fwd: Re: Equity and Draw for an LLC (S Corp)

Ben Ba benbarszcz at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 16:01:49 EST 2012

Ok, I have read through some of the topics on accountingcoach.com. I agree
it is a very good source of info.
I struggle though to grasp the idea of an LLC that elected to be treated as
an S Corp. And specifically I not know whether it is a difference in
GnuCash if Capital Contributions be in Liabilities of the LLC (as an S
Corp) or in the Equity type account (as a Partnership). My understanding is
that an S Corp LLC is a seperate entity and Contributions should be ITS
liability to the members/contributors. If it was a partnership maybe such
acccount should be in the equity of the LLC because the members take the
whole profit/loss on themselves.

Where do I err?
--

saludos cordiales