Understanding log files

David Carlson carlson.dl at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 17 18:40:07 EST 2012

On 11/17/2012 11:55 AM, uzumaki wrote:
> Thanks to you all for your valuable and useful reply. I'll be really
> benefited by these information.
>
> As far as I know Gnucash log files only contains the changes or edit done by
> user. I am getting that when the changes and edits occurs, but *I need to
> know the amount of change.
> *
> Is there any way to know that using these log files?
>
> Please help.
>
> Thanks.
>

> --

If you are concerned with a very small number of transactions, you could
open the preceding backup file and look at those transactions state in
that file.  This is very tedious to say the least.  Actually, I cannot
imagine a scenario where someone would care, unless they were trying to
undo a mistake. (yes, that has happened to me a few times)

David Carlson