gnucash will not start, just splash screen - then nothing.

erik_h erik.haa at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 14:34:36 EST 2012

Using:
Win 7 Pro
Gnucash 2.4.11

I have used v 2.4.11 for a while - and now suddenly the application will not
start.
Splash screen is showing up and there seems tu be some loading of ...
whatever.
Then the splash screen disappear - and nothing more happens.

I've looked in the trace file and it says:

* 20:12:21  WARN <qof.engine> [guid_init()] only got 1859 bytes. The
identifiers might not be very random.

Tried to uninstall GC completly - and reinstall. No change.

I'm lost here.