Brokerage Fees

Jay Ridgley jridgley2 at austin.rr.com
Fri Nov 23 08:00:45 EST 2012

Folks,

I need to know how to allocate brokerage fees that result from trading
stocks/bonds/funds. I need to be able to allocate any fees to the cost of a
purchase in order to calculate the actual cost per unit. Likewise for a sale to
be able to calculate the gain(loss).

Another question is how do I move Unrealised gains(losses) to Realised
gains(losses)? Neither account shows in my list of accounts, however, the
Unrealised gains(losses) does show on the Balance Sheet. Once the sale is
complete and the money transferred the the gain should show as Realised
gains(losses), at least in my mind.

Thanks,
Jay
--