Finance Quote Install difficulties

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Nov 23 18:20:14 EST 2012

On Nov 24, 2012, at 6:40 AM, Deane Yamane <deane at aloha.net> wrote:

> I must be doing something dumb! ... Like letting my wife shop for jewelry today. LOL
> -----
> Last login: Fri Nov 23 11:25:07 on ttys000
> [Deanes-iMac-3:~] deane% echo $PATH
> /sw/bin:/sw/sbin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin
> [Deanes-iMac-3:~] deane% sudo cpan
> sudo: cpan: command not found
> [Deanes-iMac-3:~] deane%

I'd suggest that running both Fink and MacPorts falls into that category...

Anyway, /usr/bin/cpan is just a very short perl script that effectively does

perl -MCPAN -shell

so you can try running that (with sudo, of course). If that doesn't work, you've got some major system cleanup ahead of you.

Regards,
John Ralls