How to rack my kid's money?

Davide Imbeni davide.imbeni at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 05:02:21 EDT 2012

I have the exact same use case :-)
I solve it with a liability account, as if I had a debt with my kids.
Whenever their grandparents give them cash gifts, I get the cash in my
pocket and increase my debt towards them.
When they'll be old enough to need an allowance, I guess I will start
increasing my debt weekly (from expenses->Children allowance TO
Liabilities->Children debt), and decrease it whenever I actually give them
cash (Assets->Cash in my pocket TO Liabilities->Children debt)
I even got as far as allowing a small interest rate for the money they
"lend" to me...