Template Security Type

David Carlson carlson.dl at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 7 22:11:00 EDT 2012

On 10/7/2012 7:40 PM, Biermeister wrote:
> David Carlson,
>
> Do you know of any resolution to the problem you addressed regarding
> the Template Security Type? I came across this message trail in the
> gnucash-user list archive:
> https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2012-March/044071.html.
> I also found it reported on Bigzilla as bug 555182 but with apparently
> no action taken.
>
> Not sure what the next step is to elevate this issue for resolution.
> Looking for any ideas on how to see/edit/delete the template type from
> the Security Editor.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Biermeister

Hi Biermeister,

I just reviewed the IRC log again that I found that last time and again
found the unsatisfying answer to just edit the data file with no
explanation about details like where to find the template definition in
the file, or how much of the surrounding text actually belongs to the
offending definition, and whether there are any other items related to
the offending definition that also need to be fixed.

Since my file rather large, I have to use a special editor like jEdit
(which I really do not know how to use effectively) to work on it and I
would rather not mess it up.  Luckily, in my case it has been possible
to just cancel the warning when updating prices.

I hope that someone joins our discussion with some better information.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can do that.

David C