Japanese font of reports on Mac OS X

Masao Uebayashi uebayasi at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 20:02:32 EDT 2012

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 11:40 PM, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:

> On Oct 16, 2012, at 3:46 AM, Masao Uebayashi <uebayasi at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I can display Japanese on the "Accounts" window by adding a line to pango.alias:
>>
>>> "Lucida Grande" = "Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro"
>>
>> But I can't display Japanese on reports - all Japanese characters are
>> displayed as Tofus.  These are also displayed normally when exported
>> as HTML.

* It was only that browser is so smart that it can display Japanese
without decent CSS.

* I changed fonts at Edit -> Style Sheets -> Default -> Fonts.
Confirmed that the new setting is reflected in the exported HTML.
Webkit can't display characters properly yet, but at least it seems to
try so - I see different sizes of Tofu chars.

> This is a user question, and belongs on the user list, not the developer list. I've cc'd this reply there, but you'll need to subscribe if you haven't already.
>
> Reports are displayed using a built-in version of Webkit, so Pango isn't involved. I'll have to research a bit to see how to change fonts there.
>
> Rather than setting a pango alias it would probably be cleaner to set your default font in Resources/etc/gtk-2.0/gtkrc (you'll have to add the file).

Tried some random examples found on the web, got no noticable changes.

Masao