New user

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 18 16:34:05 EDT 2012

Stanislav--

My guess is that you are using some version of Windows.

There is a known oddity in Windows (Windows, mind you--not Gnucash) that causes Windows to display the behavior you are describing. As I no longer use Windows (except under duress), I can only dimly recall that the problem has to do with how Windows handles requests to Localhost. Under other operating systems, Localhost is automatically assigned to address 127.0.0.1, but under Windows, you have to manually add it yourself. It's documented in the mailing lists of the past, but you have to find your HOSTS file and make sure the right modifications are made.

See: http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2010-December/037648.html and following discussion.

David