setting up my online banking account...need help

Scumbuster scumbuster at comcast.net
Mon Oct 22 07:52:05 EDT 2012

Hi

I am trying to set up Gnu Cash so that I can download my transactions for my
checking, savings, etc from my bank.

I got my username and password from my bank and can get so far as to get to
the OFX direct connect setup area.

Entered my username and password and tried to "retrieve" my accounts...It
appears to communicate with the server and then gives me an error message
saying that the password needs to be changes as part of the OFX request..I
called my bank and they were less than no help (surprise). They will only
speak to me if I am using Quicken.

They did tell me that Quicken is set up to allow for that change.

How do I do that in Gnu Cash?

It "seems" to me like I am at least talking to the right server and such, as
it gets me the "user much change.."  Message.

Also, should I be emulating quicken 2011 I guess within Gnu Cash?   The drop
down has numerous selections, so not sure which to use?

I have pasted the messages I get below.Thanks in advance for any help!

07:48:22 Connected to "www.oasis.cfree.com"

07:48:23 Connected.

07:48:23 Sending message...

07:48:23 Message sent.

07:48:23 Waiting for response...

07:48:23 Receiving response...

07:48:23 HTTP-Status: 200 (OK)

07:48:23 Response received.

07:48:23 Disconnecting from server...

07:48:23 Disconnected.

07:48:23 Parsing response...

07:48:23 Parsing response

07:48:23 Status for signon request: Must change USERPASS (Code 15000,
severity "INFO")

The user must change his or her <USERPASS> number as part of the next OFX
request.

07:48:23 Status for account info request: Signon invalid (Code 15500,
severity "ERROR")

The user cannot signon because he or she entered an invalid user ID or
password.

07:48:23 Operation finished, you can now close this window.