PDF weirdness

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 28 05:44:08 EDT 2012

On 28 October 2012 09:35, Andrew Greig <pushin.linux at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am running GC 2.4.11 under a Suse 12.1 64bit system.  The program runs
> fine, and I have just done a run of Invoices as pdfs and attached and
> sent them to my clients.  I needed to run an AR report for a couple of
> delinquent customers.  Tried printing the reports directly, and the only
> stuff that printed was the Table frames and the blue hyperlinks, no
> black text was printed.  So I saved the 2 reports as PDFs and when I
> opened them the tables were fully populated with black text and blue
> hyperlinks (just as in the HTML format previously).  On printing one of
> the PDFs from evince, and later from Okular, I had the same issue - only
> the rulings for the table cells and the Blue hyperlinks were printed.

Can I just check what you are saying.  Gnucash has generated pdf files
that look fine in evince and okular but do not print correctly?  Have
you considered that it may be an issue with your printing rather than
the pdf files?  Have you tried printing on a different PC and printer?

It might be useful to put the files through a pdf validator [1]

Colin

[1] http://www.pdf-tools.com/pdf/validate-pdfa-online.aspx  (I can't
vouch for whether this is any good).