Transaction Reconciliation

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Mon Oct 29 22:43:42 EDT 2012

On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 11:37:02 -0700 (PDT)
"David T." <sunfish62 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> As for your first use case, I don't really see why you'd need to
> change the R status on a manually-entered transaction; in my
> experience, the primary difference this makes is to pre-check a
> transaction in the (above-mentioned) reconciliation window. However,
> it is a simple matter in that window to mark such a transaction as
> reconciled--despite it's not having a "C" status.

If I import data there is a 'helpful' change from 'n' to 'c'.
When I try to reconcile, the 'c' marked transactions don't appear in
the window, and I used to waste considerable time reconciling from the
paper statement when I had only part-downloaded the account data.
Now I change all the 'c' back to 'n' and reconcile speedily.