Transaction Reconciliation

David Carlson carlson.dl at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 30 11:07:42 EDT 2012

Derek,

I think that Liz and probably others (as I used to be) are confused when they receive their paper statements and the screen shows some transactions already checked.  They are then not sure which ones they have personally checked unless they start over.

That is always a little more difficult because they are never in the same order on the screen as on the paper statement.  If they do not want to print an extra copy of something so they can use a pencil, they need some tool to track which they themselves have checked.

It is definitely not satisfactory to assume that downloads are accurately matching transactions so that they can be assumed to be 'cleared'.

David C