[fwd] gnu cash and the Apple App Store.

Steven Stern subscribed-lists at sterndata.com
Tue Sep 4 16:52:17 EDT 2012

On 09/04/2012 10:52 AM, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Forwarding to the gnucash-user mailing list where this question
> belongs.  I'm not personally involved in the Mac distribution.
>
> In the future please send requests to the lists directly instead of
> sending the to me. :)
>
> -derek
>
> Herbert Alexander <alex1100 at me.com> writes:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I fund out yesterday that Gnu Cash cannot be run on a modern Macintosh running 10.8.1 because it is from an unrecognized developer. I have run GNU Cash on my Macs for years and now I'm really angry. at Apple. They seem to be building a wall around themselves. Is there any chance of adapting GNU Cash for the Apple App center?I would like to be able to run it again on my iMac.
>>
>> Sincerely,
>> Herbert Alexander

Rather than allowing the "anywhere" option, you can make an exception
for Gnu Cash.

" just right-click (or control-click) the unsigned app and choose Open.
Gatekeeper will prompt you for a single-app exemption and if you're OK
with it, the app will launch from then on."

See http://www.tuaw.com/2012/07/26/mountain-lion-101-gatekeeper/

--
-- Steve