Long load times

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Sep 6 19:21:47 EDT 2012

Hi,

M Prindle <mprindle at pobox.com> writes:

> I took a look at the list and saw that there may be longer load times
> which I have no problems with, but I went from about a 20 - 30 sec
> load time with the older version to 60+ seconds with the new version.
> Something has changed, it maybe the way it is, but it's still odd.

The SQL backends are certainly not going to be any more performant than
XML, and indeed may be significantly less performant because there is
additional work that they have to do.

Unfortunately that doesn't necessarily explain the doubling in
load-time.  I don't have agood answer for you I'm afraid.

-derek