Report/Showing FX rate

Fred Bone Fred.Bone at dial.pipex.com
Tue Sep 11 12:46:48 EDT 2012

On 10 September 2012 at 10:47, Derek Atkins said:

> jars777 <junk at the-fields.de> writes:
>
> > Hi Derek
> >
> > Thank you for this. I meant the register view. Sorry, still getting my
> > head around the terminology of the program.
> >
> > I have been trying to "unhide" the hidden column but I don't seem to be
> > able to. If I double click on the far right column (in my case
> > "Balance)) it just makes this column bigger/smaller. No further column
> > get visible. Sorry, do you have any more help on this?
>
> It's to the right of the balance column.
>
> It was designed to be hard to see, because you're not supposed to be
> able to use it directly.

It's rather hard to get at under Windows. There's no column-boundary
marker visible to the right of "Balance", and double-clicking where it
would be produces an adjustment to the position of "Balance" with a
corresponding change in "Description" and the appearance of a horizontal
scrollbar.

After some lateral thinking I got this to work:
1. View->Transactin Journal (or View->Auto-Split)
2. View->Double Line
3. Make a Split line current
4. Position cursor on the edge of the (vertical) scrollbar, on the *top*
line of the (two-line) heading, until you get the cursor change that
indicates you can adjust the width of something.
5. Double-click.

If there's a simpler way it has escaped me.