Installing activeperl for automatic retrieval of quotes

MIchael mgw1982 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 11 11:53:35 EDT 2012

Hello,
I am running Ubuntu 12.04. I am completely new to linux based OS´s and i
would appreciate as much guidance as possible to get this activeperl
installed. I have searched for gnc-fq-update an my system and couldn´t
find anything. I don´t know how to open a root shell etc. as per the
linux instructions in section 8.6.3.1 of the gnu cash tutorial. a quick
procedure written for a complete layman would be nice but as i said any
help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Kind Regards