GnuCash Forum

posword wade.peter at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 21:51:36 EDT 2012

Derek Atkins-3 wrote

> Hi,
>
> On Sat, September 15, 2012 3:39 am, posword wrote:
>> I've completed a financial year and closed the books. Now my tax agent
>> wants
>> me to extract transactions for a specific period. I can see no way to do
>> this.
>
> Do they only want specific transactions?  Or some more broader subset?
>
> You could run a transaction report, then choose the accounts and time
> frame that they are asking for using the report options.   Have you tried
> that?

I just tried that, Derek. I need all the accounts for a period from 1st Feb.
to 30 June. While I could use the report options dialog for the Transaction
Reports, it keeps giving me the message, "No transactions were found that
match the time interval and account selection specified in the Options
panel." Which is nonsense, of course, since I can display individual
accounts on the screen and see the transactions.

I'm inclined to think that closing the book from the Tools menu has somehow
stopped me from getting a Transactions Report. It doesn't make sense but
there it is.

Thanks,
Peter