French format under Windows 7

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 08:11:27 EDT 2012

Am 17.09.2012 10:40, schrieb AlainCageda:
:
>> Tks Frank.
>> I did what is recomended. I even restarted my machine:
>> LANGUAGE is now fr_FR, leaving LANG as was. But the format when I open GnuCash is still American (both language and date format).
>>

>> Alain

1. Why do you not set the right localisation in the control center of
your operating system? Then also the OS and many other programs would be
in your language, with the right date and number formats, currency
symbol ...

Start->Control Panel->[Clock, Language and Region->]Change display
language. There check also the other tabs, esp. location.

2. your environment file should read:
# If you wish GnuCash to use a different language, uncomment the two
parameters
# below and set LANG to your preferred locale
LANG=fr_FR
LANGUAGE={LANG}

Did you remove the comment signs "#" before LANG* ?

HTH
Frank