Associated Income Acconuts

Dustin Henning The00Dustin at gmx.net
Wed Sep 19 18:45:15 EDT 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: John Ralls [mailto:jralls at ceridwen.us]
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2012 22:53
To: The00Dustin at gmx.net
Cc: gnucash-user at gnucash.org
Subject: Re: Associated Income Acconuts

On Apr 30, 2012, at 6:21 PM, Dustin Henning wrote:

> 	Someone replied to this and I accidentally deleted it.  IIRC, they
> said to change it from the transaction matcher.  I haven't been able
> to figured out what they mean.  I assume it should be obvious, but I'm
> at a loss.  I'm in MS Windows and there are three buttons on the
> bottom of that
> window: Help, Cancel, and OK.  I have tried right-clicking all over
> the place and not had any luck.  I did notice that I can double-click
> to match a transaction (which will be helpful in a situation I come
> across where multiple transactions for the same amount don't match
> right), but when I double-click on a "New, already balanced" line,
> nothing happens (I'm pretty sure that's what the dividend and/or
> interest lines I want to associate say, because I have previously
> associated the wrong income account).  Obviously I could just edit the
> XML file, but since that response makes it look like this should be
> doable in the GUI, could I get another hint?  Thanks,

Double-click on the transaction in the transaction matcher that you want to
change and it will bring up the account-picker dialog box, just like when
you set the account the first time. It doesn't have to be yellow for it
work.

Regards,
John Ralls

Alright, I needed to do this the other day and absolutely couldn't.  In my
Windows XP SP3 GnuCash 2.4.11 install, I definitely cannot double-click to
modify the linked account when it isn't yellow and I am importing from an
OFX file.  I tried again today, with multiple transaction types.  One of the
types had an unbalanced entry and I could change it, but not the other entry
of the same type.  Can anyone else with Windows confirm they can do this?
Note I haven't gone so far as to test with QFX files, so I'd rather get
confirmation on the OFX side (while I'm much less worried about the version
of Windows, and I'm pretty sure I had this issue even on GnuCash 2.4.9).

Dustin