Setting up a Co-op

Keith Bellairs keith at bellairs.org
Thu Sep 20 22:32:45 EDT 2012

A lot depends on your book-keeper's skills. If she is comfortable with
double-entry accounting (not Quickbooks-style mish-mash accounts) then
Gnucash is a great choice. Other than QB I have not used any of the others
on your list.

I have set up and been on boards of food coops in US, but that was before
Gnucash days. If your coop is going to track the purchases by members in
order to return rebates based on purchases, I don't think there is any
particular feature of GNC to support that. But that tails over into POS,
which you know is not in GNC. A system that recorded each member's
purchases at the POS would be cool, but may not be a requirement.

Keith
Guelph