Finance Quote TIAA/CREF module broken again

davelist at mac.com davelist at mac.com
Sat Sep 22 12:39:04 EDT 2012

On Sep 22, 2012, at 12:16 PM, Erik Colson <eco at ecocode.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sometimes it might help to know what module Perl does actually load.
> This command will tell you exactly that:
>
> perldoc -lm Finance::Quote::Tiaacref
>
> best
> --
> erik

That does report the correct one.

 perldoc -lm Finance::Quote::Tiaacref
/Library/Perl/5.12/Finance/Quote/Tiaacref.pm

I think the problem is related to the other email I sent with:

$ /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/bin/gnc-fq-dump tiaacref crefBOND
Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
   symbol: crefBOND (deduced)   <=== required
     date: ** missing **        <=== required
 currency: ** missing **        <=== required
     last:                      <=\
      nav:                      <=== one of these
    price:                      <=/
 timezone:                      <=== optional

** This stock quote cannot be used by gnucash!!

Thanks,
Dave