Finance Quote TIAA/CREF module broken again

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Sat Sep 22 15:08:45 EDT 2012

--On September 22, 2012 10:43:30 AM -0700 John Ralls
<jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:

> Yup. So the new Tiaacref.pm is defective, at least for Gnucash's
> needs. That should probably go on the FQ bug report.

No it's not, it works fine for me.  Has anyone else been able to make
it work?

The previous message from davelist included:

$ /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/bin/gnc-fq-helper
tiaacref symbol
Can't open tiaacref: No such file or directory at
/Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/bin/gnc-fq-helper line 344.
Can't open symbo: No such file or directory at
/Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/bin/gnc-fq-helper line 344.

This implies to me that there is something wrong with the Tiaacref.pm
file that makes perl unable to open it.  Perhaps it's a line ending
thing.  Did you do something that converted the line endings of the
file?  It should have Unix line endings.  If it ended up with Windows
or Mac line endings, it probably won't work.  This is just a guess,
there could be any number of other things wrong with the file.

           Mike